Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Engineering Technician IV in North Charleston, South Carolina
Engineering Technician IV
Full Time / Part-Time
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (PBLO-18-0687-W):
Bowhead seeks an Engineering Technician to join our Team at North Charleston, SC. The Engineering Technician performs complex and unique engineering support assignments, designs and constructs major units and equipment, develops new test procedures and measurement
techniques and conducts tests and experiments to prove/disprove feasibility of design.
Engineering Technician essential functions include, but are not limited to:
• Accurately document activities and related information on work order and forms.
• Communicate with appropriate branch regarding status of equipment.
• Perform advance level testing, troubleshooting, calibration, inspection, preventive maintenance, and repair of Precise Time/Time Interval (PTTI) equipment.
Test equipment includes, but is not limited to:
• High Accuracy AC/DC
• Impedance and RF Meters
• Microwave (power attenuation, sweepers, signal generators and spectrum analyzers)
• Frequency counters
• Power Phase Indicators
• Digital Thermometer
• Cesium Beam Frequency standards
• Associates degree or military technical school education PLUS eight (8) years’ experience required.
• Requires strong knowledge of electronics theory.
• Must be able to work independently and lead projects as required.
• Requires excellent verbal and writing communication skills for effective communication with customers, team members and management.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ Cut/Paste this Link to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41