Johnson Controls Mechanical Journeman Service Truck Team (union) in N Charleston, South Carolina
How you will do it
Journeyman must be skilled craftsmen in their trade, and we prefer a minimum of five (5) years actual, practical working experience in the HVAC plumbing, pipefitting and/or mechanical equipment service industry. You may be required to pass a satisfactory examination as to your special skill.
What you will do
Under general supervision, conducts preventive maintenance, repair, installation, and commissioning and general servicing of HVAC Automation Systems (including detailed troubleshooting of systems). Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface. Mentors mechanical technicians on building automation activities. Properly completes required project and service documentation.
How you will do it
- Diagnoses and repairs complex electronic control system malfunction's requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
- Provides sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or repairs. Promotes the sale of add-on work.
- Manages assigned work to meet professional execution, of time and customer satisfaction. Reports problems or changes to management immediately. Interfaces with branch manager, service manager, service project manager or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
- Adheres to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards. Provides safety awareness on work sites. 6. At times will provide training to customers on electronic control systems operations. Delivers manuals and documentation to the customer for training needs as required. Mentors and trains mechanical workforce on building automation systems. Provides support to the mechanical staff on non-complex, non-critical equipment.
- Compiles job documentation, such as certificate of completion, customer training forms, training certificates and punch lists.
- Conducts extensive self study (reading, research and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in company's product lines. Completes certifications as required by the company.
What we look for*
- Requires Mechanical Journeyman status 5 years of residential / light commercial /commercial HVAC / mechanical troubleshooting experience.
- Valid driver's license, appropriate licenses to work with refrigerants, boiler and steam operational & service knowledge.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
This is a Bargaining Unit Position.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .
Job: *Field Operations
Organization: *Bldg Technologies & Solutions
Title: Mechanical Journeman Service Truck Team (union)
Location: SC-N Charleston
Requisition ID: WD30044994066