Samet Corporation Vice President, Charleston Region in Charleston, South Carolina
* Fields Are Required
Samet Corporation seeks a strong business leader to build on our success in the Charleston, SC region. This role is responsible for the development, management and enhancement of all aspects of our business within the region. The successful candidate must be capable of translating corporate strategy into tactical and operational plans that create desired business results, and must possess a strong sense of ownership and accountability for the region's outcomes. The successful candidate must be capable of and have a passion for building and growing a business. Future growth will establish a strong and diverse regional customer base in the commercial/industrial, education/institutional, healthcare and housing/hospitality sectors.
The successful candidate will successfully prioritize and act on strategic objectives, develop associated operational plans, identify resources needed, and make adjustments to ensure optimal execution within the region. He/She will also be responsible for ensuring that appropriate new business is identified, effectively pursued and signed to contract.
The Regional Vice President will report to the President of Construction and perform all required duties through effective interaction with construction operations leaders, business & corporate function leaders, and the Samet executive team. The primary requirements for this role are:
Tactical Planning: Identifies the means and resources used to accomplish strategic objectives. Translates strategy into tactical plans that include timelines and resources needed for execution. Manages and develops the resources needed to execute the tactical plan. Develops the structure and cadence to benchmark operational performance against the plan. Proactively identifies risks, creates and implements contingency plans to minimize risks to the outcomes of the strategic plan.
Process Management & Systems Thinking: Thoroughly understands key business drivers for performance, uses sound business practices in the implementation of The Samet Way. Effectively leads and implements changes to structure, process, information, and talent in order to accomplish an objective. Organizes people and processes into efficient workflows to achieve goals of the work group. Identifies synergy opportunities and leads integration to realize performance gains.
Progress Oriented: Creates and maintains team momentum to accomplish desired outcomes. Clearly assigns responsibility, sets objectives and measures progress against expected results. Establishes a process to monitor progress against the goal through engagement and feedback.
Works Through Structure: Sets and clearly communicates performance expectations while developing Associates capabilities to perform and excel. Works to ensure appropriate tier/function is capable of performing duties associated with objectives, highlights areas where performance is lacking or personal/professional development is needed. Collaborates with others to envision and achieve a common objective, goal or outcome. Provides input for development of strategic plans. Solicits feedback to ensure objectives or process changes are having the expected outcome. Works to develop regional Associates both professionally and personally. Listens to others by using attentive and active listening skills, demonstrates the patience to hear people out.
Qualifications & Attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in business, construction management, finance, marketing, engineering or related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation, both internal and external.
- An execution mindset with a demonstrated track record of achieving defined objectives.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive leadership experience in a professional environment with engagement in operations, financial management and human resources leadership.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills; equally adept at one-on-one and group communications; a team and business builder who understands and creates an attractive company culture, strong partnerships, credibility and authenticity at all levels of the company;
- Tactical and innovative business leadership ability; willingness to take ownership of the total performance and resulting value stream in the region.
- Strong leadership capability that encourages others through confidence, integrity, intellect and perseverance that inspires trust and confidence in Associates and customers.
- Ability to develop performance metrics and measure performance against benchmarks, increase revenues and profit, prudently minimize costs, and improve customer and Associate satisfaction and delivery levels.
- Core competencies that include a strong business acumen, the ability to communicate vision and values to motivate others to success, a drive for action and results, and effective process management and problem solving.
The Company Samet Corporation is a leader in design-build construction and real estate development services headquartered in Greensboro, NC, with a market focus on Commercial, Industrial, Healthcare, Education, and Multi-Family Housing. Founded in 1961, Samet is an ENR Top 400 Contractor, with offices located in Greensboro, Charlotte, and Raleigh, NC, and Charleston, SC. Our projects are found throughout NC, SC and VA.
Job Start/End Date: 11-Apr-2018 to 10-Jun-2018 (EST)
Location: Charleston, SC, USA
Employment Type: Full Time