US Foods Retail Front End Supervisor, CHEF'STORE, Charleston in Charleston, South Carolina
Create and maintain an atmosphere focusing on the success of CHEF’STORE and the department through excellent customer service and a demonstrated passion for delighting our customers. Maintain a respect for detail by ensuring that all front end employees remain focused on creating an exceptional experience for both our employees and customers. Ensure the prioritization and delegation of daily responsibilities throughout the department while training, coaching, and leading employees. Demonstrate a high level of integrity with department employees, with our customers, and in handling of monetary transactions. The Front End Supervisor will lead by example and be expected to create a warm and safe environment for all those who visit our store. Maintain a store culture that focuses on both initiating and supporting outside sales calls as well as creating a strong, superior service culture within the store.
Supervise front end employees in all as it relates to training, assignment of job duties, scheduling work hours, job performance and attendance.
With the assistance of store managers and human resources, handle the recruiting, hiring and on-boarding of all new store employees.
Write employee reviews, manage discipline and coaching as needed.
Responsible for the overall organization of the front end of the store, to include, but not limited to, assigning special store projects; maintaining cart retrieval schedule; employee cleaning duty schedule for bathrooms, break rooms, locker rooms, and overall store cleanliness; etc.
Maintain the ordering of employee uniforms and front end supplies.
Carry out all department responsibilities in accordance with policy and standards to include, but not limited to, scheduling employee work hours; maintaining paid time off records; and approving all employee weekly time cards.
Perform store opening and/or closing responsibilities.
Monitor customer activities in the front of the store, approve over-rides and returns, and assist customers, as needed, with the check out process. Ensure that all appropriate front end inventory controls are being following.
Ensure that front end employees are auditing all customer purchases and verifying that all purchases are supported by the proper receipts; that all new item logs are being following according to procedure; that all scanning issues are recorded properly; etc.
Review all completed incident and investigation reports and all paperwork related to audits and other shortage control programs.
Provide customer support in various retail store operations including, processing returns, complaint resolution, sales/product questions or assistance, cashiering support and greeting customers
Follow the procedures for notifying management of any suspicious persons or activity.
Ensure a continuing focus on increasing sales and managing shrinkage. Work with customers to ensure that they find the products they need and are made aware of all the other services available to them in the store and through the company.
Perform cash handling functions, as needed, including setting up tills, counting down tills, preparing/delivering bank deposits, and getting change for cashiers as assigned.
Assist, as needed, in maintaining predetermined levels of shelf stock.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
Related Experience :
- Three (3) years experience in a retail selling and/or customer service related field required.
- Prior supervisory or lead experience preferred.
- Must possess the ability to work a flexible hourly schedule, which includes holidays and weekends.
- Must possess and demonstrate competency and proficiency with computer use and spreadsheet creation and usage, word processing, email and internet software.
- Must have cash handling experience.
- Must have the desire and the ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Must possess the ability to quickly assess situations, address issues, and make solid, good business decisions.
- Must demonstrate good common sense and the ability to think logically through all situations.
- Must possess the ability to build professional relationships with the client base.
- Must be motivated and self-driven and consistently demonstrate the ability to analyze customer needs and make recommendations based on sound business knowledge and commercial acumen.
- Must possess the adaptability and a willingness to help out in order to get the job done, understanding fully that the nature of the business means that staff at all levels within the store will be expected to “roll up their sleeves” and provide whatever is required to offer the customer fast, easy and efficient service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual will need to speak, hear, see, sit, or stand as needed. The incumbent will be required to perform computer keyboarding activities. The position will require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. The position will also require reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist, or lifting items as required for products, filing documents or storing materials throughout the work day. The position requirements may also include lifting items that weigh up to 50 pounds for products, files and computer printouts.
Primary Location: Charleston-SC
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Retail Sales
Job Level: Manager