HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Laboratory Asst PRN in Charleston, South Carolina
Trident Health is a 407-bed HCA hospital system comprised of two acute care hospitals – Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center – as well as two free standing emergency departments – Centre Pointe Emergency and Moncks Corner Medical Center. The Joint Commission recently named Trident Health as one of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety for the fourth year in a row.
Assists in the technical and clerical aspects of the Laboratory department. Receives and processes all specimens into the Laboratory department. Performs phlebotomy. Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: N/A
- Education: Basic reading comprehension required
- Experience: Familiarity with a hospital laboratory is desired. Medical terminology preferred.
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
- Desire minimum of 6 months phlebotomy experience. Phlebotomy program certificate preferred.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer
Title: Laboratory Asst PRN
Location: South Carolina-Charleston-Trident Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00062-19089